Thursday, January 12, 2012

Craft Attempt #1

No posts for weeks and then two posts in one day! Crazy, I know!

Ken was out of town for a few days this week so I decided to stay up late and craft one night! I wanted a Valentine's-ish (probably not a word, but, oh well, I'm not using it in Scrabble!) decoration. I saw a yarn wreath on Pinterest that I really liked so I decided to give it a go. Here is my inspiration:



The tutorial is on the HomeStoriesAtoZ.com website. Here is a link to the tutorial:



And here is what I ended up with.



I didn't have berries to make it all fancy and my accent yarn could have had a bit more texture but overall, I'm pretty pleased! One thing I would change if I ever do another one is the size of the wreath form.  This one is 18" but I would use a 14" next time. With the yarn so tight on the form, it leaves a lot of space in the middle!

Anyway, that's my first home decor Pinterest completed project! One down, many more to go!

p.s. Kirra just came up as I was finishing this post. She saw both wreaths and announced she likes mine better! Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment